Monday 16 April 2012

A Day Full of Positivity.

I started my day by attending Oprah's lifeclass in the morning. The show had special guest speakers Deepak Chopra, Bishop T.D. Jakes, Iyanla Vanzant, and last but not least, Tony Robbins. It was a very motivational and inspiration day of seminars on how to be yourself, love yourself, and be proud of yourself. My personal favourite was Tony Robbins. He was so full of energy, which instantly leaked out into the audience. His message was to accept life's challenges, and don't make excuses for yourself. The show went on till afternoon, with no breaks in between. It was fantastic, to say the least.

The weather was gorgeous today. It was the perfect weather to have lunch at the waterfront, so that's just what I did after the show. First, I walked along the boardwalk for a bit, and checked out some of the photography they had on their outdoor display. Afterwards, I did nothing. I just sat their, and enjoyed the view of the water. I did exactly what I learned at Lifeclass: I did not contemplate on yesterday, I did not worry about tomorrow: I lived in the moment. I savoured it and I enjoyed it.

After I was done taking in the fabulous view, I noticed a large building by the lakefront with large animal silhouettes displayed along the sides. As I looked closer, I noticed banners with "Paws Way" written in large, bold letters. I thought Paws Way sounded familiar, but I wasn't exactly sure what it was, so I decided to check it out. It turned out to be an amazing place dedicated to pets. They offer free (and paid) classes for cats and dogs, have a library with animal books, a small store which sells pet products (such as dog leashes, collars, pet clothes, etc.) But what struck me the most was their great Pet Hall of Fame they had way at the back of the facility. It was several walls consisting of Animal Heroes with their head shots, and stories about how they saved their humans. I absolutely love going on a video marathon of watching pet hero stories on youtube, so you can just imagine how excited this wall of fame made me. Imagine: A whole facility dedicated to animals. Furthermore; animal heroes, who've put their lives at risk to save the people they love unconditionally. On a sadder note, they also had a memorial wall, where people can write little messages to their deceased pet and hang it up on a bulletin board. Needless to say, I wrote a note for my late kitty who passed away this passed January (2012.) Amazing... there's no other word I can use to describe it. Just amazing.

All in all, I had a beautiful day.

PS, if you get a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Oprah live, I strongly advise you to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment