Monday 30 April 2012

Diary of 2 Black Cats: Part 3

Pepper has generally been very accepting of the new kitty. He keeps wanting to go in to the room and see what's going on. But as soon as Blackjack sees Pepper, he hisses and growls and scares Pepper away. My initial concern would be for Pepper to be comfortable with kitty #2. At this point, I'm starting to lose confidence. Blackjack was very sweet when I met him at his previous house, but he doesn't seem to like being in a house with other cats. He seems to be a bit of a bully to the resident cat. Which is strange, since Pepper was here first. Blackjack is bigger in size, so maybe he feels he has the right to intimidate Pepper.

I was really hopeful and wanted it to work out. I wanted to give it a week, but from what I'm seeing so far, it doesn't seem like these two cats can coexist. Pepper is normally very friendly and sociable, but with Blackjack around, he's being timid and running behind the furniture. In complete honesty, I love Pepper's personality, and do not want him to change. It's a shame it's not working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment