Friday 13 April 2012

What do you want to do before you die?

So, I've been (amateur) blogging for a couple of years now. One of my blogs is about literary arts, while the other is about culinary arts. (2 of my passions in life). This is a different kind of blog: I wanted to start blogging about ME.

I have always thought of myself as a fairly philosophical thinker. I love finding out why and how things are made, and I always look at things from a much deeper perspective. I like watching movies, and thinking about how a scene is made, I like learning what inspires an author to write his/her best selling novel, and I like learning new recipes, just to name a few.

Lately, I have been looking at LIFE in a different way. I've often asked myself such questions as, "what's the meaning of life?", or "what is my purpose of being here?" Even though I haven't truly answered any of these questions yet... Yesterday, I asked myself another question: "What do I want to do before I die?"

This question was inspired by such movies, TV shows, and books I've watched/read, as The Five People you Meet in Heaven, Yes Man, The Buried Life, and Pay it Forward.

The Buried Life is a TV show (which aired on MTV) about four friends who have a list of 100 things they want to do before they die. In each episode, they try to cross of one of those things. Meanwhile, they also help a complete stranger cross something off of their list. The premise of the show is just so inspiring, and beautiful.

This lead me to start making my own list. I haven't put anything too crazy on my list, but there are many things I want to do, which I've never done. I don't want to share my entire list online (it's very personal to me) but some of the things include bungee jumping, visiting certain countries, eating duck meat, and eating escargot.

 I like to think of myself as a very adventurous person. I love trying new things, and I am open to having new experiences in life. I try to embrace life, and am afraid of very few things.

One of my biggest fears in life is drowning. I have faced this fear and started taking swimming lessons, which is something I've wanted to do every since I was a child.

We are only given one life, the best way to live it, is to live it to it's full potential. So as yourself this... "Am I more afraid living, then I am of dying?"

No comments:

Post a Comment