Tuesday 8 May 2012

How my Cell Phone Taught me a Valuable Life Lesson

I got a new cell phone a couple of months ago, and I've already dropped it several times. I've been meaning to buy a cover for it since, but just hadn't gotten around to it. So, I finally went looking for one yesterday. I found a phone stall which sold really nice ones. I thought some of them were too expensive, so I decided to keep looking around. I managed to find some at the Dollar Store, so I gave it a try. When I tried to put it on my phone, the holes did not match up with the volume buttons, or the power switch! Plus, the stupid cover managed to put scratches on my brand new phone! I tried to settle for less, and I got burned.

I used to treat life the same way. When things were not going quite the way I wanted, I would give up and just accept life for what it was. But, it didn't have to be that way. Things can go from being unsatisfying to extraordinary, but it's all about ME. If  I want things to go my way and I want to be happy, then I should take the initiative and do something about it. This is not about cell phones, this is about never settling when things just aren't good enough. It is important to know that wanting something my way does not make me selfish. It just means I want to be happy, and why shouldn't I be happy? I deserve happiness just as much as the next person. Settling for less will just get you burned in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment