Wednesday 16 May 2012

Twenty Pounds Down, Twenty To Go.

I gained a lot of weight over the last several years. I always wanted to lose it off, but struggled to do so, until now. In the last six months or so, I managed to lose close to twenty pounds. The heaviest I've ever been was 183 pounds. When I stepped on the scale and saw that number, I thought to myself: I'm just seventeen pounds away from 200, I better do something about it, and I better do it fast.

I've been pretty good overall, and I'm following all the rules. I drink a lot of water through out the day, including a large glass of water before every meal (this technique is supposed to help fill you up, forcing you to eat less. Meanwhile, also keeping you hydrated.) I haven't taken anything out of my diet, I am eating anything and everything, but the trick is portion control. I'm using measuring cups and measuring spoons all day long to make sure I don't go over the recommended serving size. I'm consuming fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so I do allow myself to have dessert every now and then. But when I do, I'll only have a little to satisfy my craving. I've replaced drinking fruit juices, with drinking more herbal teas (green teas, fruit teas, etc.) When eating out, I'll have part of my meal, and take the rest home in a doggy bag to eat the next day.

I will say this, as much as I try to work out everyday, I do sometimes get lazy. I'm supposed to go to the gym for a one hour workout everyday, but some days I skip and end up only working out once or twice a week. I do weekly swimming, which I think is also helping.

It took a long time to gain the weight, so I know it will take another several months before I lose the next twenty pounds. I know it will be tough, and I will have to work for it. It's important for me to believe in myself and have will power. Instead of thinking I still have twenty pounds to go, I should remind myself I am already halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment