Monday 30 December 2013

Pros and Cons of Country Life

The other day, we drove back home from having dinner at a nice restaurant. Before heading back into the house, we looked up and saw a beautiful starry night. I've seen some starry nights out here, but I've never seen one like that. All corners of the sky were just covered in those beautiful little diamonds. It looked like they'd been sprinkled all over. It was really something. I tried to take a picture with my camera, but it didn't capture a good shot. What I saw that night could probably be most appreciated with one's own eyes.

A few days later, my husband and I had to run some errands around town. On our way back home, he drove into a ditch and our car got stuck. Every car that drove past us, stopped to ask if we were okay and if we needed any help. A gentleman helped pull us out of the ditch with his big pick-up truck. Getting trapped in the ditch was a downer, but it was kind of nice that every one (who was a complete stranger by the way) stopped to offer us some assistance. We'd gotten into car trouble in the city a few times, but that many people never stopped to ask if we were okay. Not to say that city people are rude or unfriendly, but usually people in the city are in the rush to go somewhere. It's a much slower paced lifestyle in the country, and people seem to have more time to spare. 

I keep seeing animal footprints in the snow around the house, but haven't encountered any wildlife yet! My husband keeps assuring me it's probably just bunnies. Whatever it is, I think it would be pretty neat to see it! 


I learned some neat little Canadian trivia the other day. Allahumdulillah, feeling quite blessed that a small percentage of those lakes are in my town/city: 


One of the biggest (and hardest) adjustments so far has been that I don't know that many people in the area. However, the people who I have met have been very welcoming. I've met some nice people, but would still like to meet some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment