Thursday 12 December 2013

What Life in the Country is Like

We've been living in the countryside for about a month and a half now. We had to go back to the city a few times to get some of the stuff we left behind (in our old place), now all of our stuff has moved in with us to the new house. Many of my friends and family were concerned that we would feel lonely up here, but so far, we are both loving it. Our experience living here has been nothing but amazing.

Our new city/town is not as multicultural as Toronto, but I have yet to come across a negative experience living here. Everyone I've met and interacted with has been really nice and friendly. I've gotten acquainted with the local librarians and have even been invited to a couple of their Christmas/holiday parties.

It's a few degrees colder up here than in Toronto. It's a high price to pay (no pun intended) for living in the beautiful countryside. I am loving the natural beauty that surrounds me. I love walking through the woods during the day, and stargazing at night. On nights the moon shines bright, it looks spectacular outside. It's been snowing on and off for the last few days. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love winter and the snow! The lake has completely frozen over, and a blanket of pure white snow now covers it.

I haven't come across any wildlife yet. I've seen some unfamiliar footprints in the snow, and have heard my kitties hissing at the window a few times, but haven't witnessed seeing any wild animals.

It's a quiet, peaceful and simpler lifestyle. I feel like I am living in a story book. This feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment